Future perfect tense




Use
We use the future perfect simple to talk about an activity that will be finished by a specific time in the future.
They‘ll have finished building the bridge by
next January.

Form
Future perfect simple: we use will + have/has + past participle.
I’ll have finished my homework in an hour.



Fill in each blank with the correct words to change each present continuous tense sentence into a future perfect tense sentence: 

EX: I am reading a book --> By this time tomorrow, I will have read the book. 


PRACTICE 1

1. I am writing a book.
By this time next month, I  the book.

2. Maria is preparing a report.
By this time tomorrow, Maria  the report.

3. Martha is learning German.
By this time next year, Martha  German.

4. They are inviting all their friends.
By this time tomorrow, they  all their friends.

5. We are bringing our stuff to our new apartment.
By this time tomorrow, we  all our stuff to our new apartment.

6. I am fixing my computer.
By this time next week, I  my computer.

7. My mother is making dinner.
By the time the guests arrive, my mother  dinner.

8. Peter is reading a magazine.
By the time his flight lands, Peter  the magazine.

9. My sister and I are painting our apartment.
By this time tomorrow, my sister and I  our apartment.

10. John is cleaning the house.
By the time his parents arrive, John  the house. 



PRACTICE 2

Complete the sentences with your own ideas.

1 This time tomorrow I’ll be …………………………………………………………………
2 By next weekend I’ll have …………………………………………………………………
3 In six months’ time I’ll be …………………………………………………………………
4 By the end of this year I’ll have ……………………………………………………………
5 In three years’ time I’ll be …………………………………………………………………





You learn something every day if you pay attention. ~Ray LeBlond

Comentarios